Friday, February 5, 2010

All They Did Was Talk About Food

I went with her to a meeting at the church last night.  They were talking about this big dinner they're having for Haiti relief next week.  People from other churches were there too.  They talked a lot about food.  I heard something about a salad with avocados (I like avocados) pork (yum) and rice and beans (ok) and  a coconut custard.  The problem was there wasn't any food there.  They talked on and on about who was cooking what and how many people they need to serve and how many tickets they've sold.

I wandered about and greeted everybody.  Inspected all the open rooms.  Greeted people again and then did my famous trick of lying on the floor and snoring.  For some reason PEOPLE find that funny.  I think it helps to speed meetings along.

8 comments:

  1. Izzie, it is so good to hear from you again. For a while I was worried that you had taken up smoking and other bad habits as depicted in the picture at your last post. I think snoring during meetings is a good thing. It keeps the other folks awake.

    Will you be able to attend this dinner event? I suspect you like the thoughts of pork for dinner.

    Keep up HER spirits, OK? Soon, although not soon enough, it will be spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I asked and SHE says I can't go to the dinner. There are going to be too many people. I don't think that's fair do you? I don't think smoking is for me, especially since I have to go outside to do it. It's too cold. SHE does need cheering up, but at least it's sunny. SHE is going to New York City in early March to meet up with an old friend so maybe that will help. It won't help my spirits though, that means I have to go to a kennel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your insight Izzie, do you think it would be okay if I try your famous trick in my next meeting? They could CERTAINLY use some speeding up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Mr. Wade, if you think you can get away with it, I'm all for it. Of course I'm pretty cute. I'm wondering if you plan on lying on the floor under the tables. I find the trick works best when they don't know it's coming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a very good point, I'm not very cute. On the other hand I do expect I can get away with it. The real question is would anybody notice?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear, a meeting when nobody notices if you're snoring probably isn't worth going to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Izzie, are you OK? SHE has not posted for some time and neither have you. I've missed the accounts of your antics and your interaction with HER. I do hope that both of you are well and that life has just been too busy to do much posting. You are my favorite Church Dog and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been telling HER that SHE needs to get her act together. We've been spending a lot of time on the couch watching old episodes of LOST. I've asked HER to be my scribe again today.

    ReplyDelete