Thursday, September 24, 2009

Reverse Sneezing

Well I've been home for two nights now. It's so good to get to snuggle in a big comfy bed. I gave her lots and lots of kisses when I was picked up. The day SHE picked me up I had an attack of reverse sneezing. I feel as though I'm about to collapse and I start shaking all over. I just can't breath. SHE has been putting her hand over my nose to make me breathe through my mouth and that does work, but it takes a while for me to stop shaking. The doctors think I have an allergy and this usually happens in the Fall, so it may be true, but I don't like it one bit. SHE thinks it also has something to do with stress and I do get stressed when I'm not with her. Anyway we were on our way to see the vet when I had another attack. We were in the car and she had to stop to help me. The vet said the best way to stop it is to hold me head down and smack me in the ribs. Is that any way to treat a dog? I get scared enough. I still sneeze, but no reverse sneezing since yesterday morning. I'm supposed to take something called Benadryl to see if that helps. I do love being home again.

No comments:

Post a Comment